Welcome back to DailyFeats - let’s explore!
This post will explain what’s changed and how to keep checking in your feats!
By the way - don’t panic! Your badges and friends list will be back soon. We’re rebuilding the way those things work from the ground up so they’re even better! Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- Your lists and challenges are still here. They’ve been imported into your top dock, which sticks with you no matter where you go on the site!
- From your dock, you can click on a feat to check in - fast and easy, with just one click. If you’ve saved a list or a challenge there, just click on it to see the feats and check them in from that screen.
- Check in by hovering over a feat and clicking the circle that reads “Check in”. A checkmark will show you that you’ve been successful.
- When you’re on a feat page, you’ll be able to learn how and why to do a feat, see how many times you checked it in this week, your personal best for that feat, when you last checked it in, and you’ll be able to choose to make it a habit.
- Also on this page, read tips for those feats that you have from lists or challenges.
- To add feats to your “Favorites” list, which will always show up in your Explore dock, just click that little “favorite feat” star on a feat’s page.
- You can also add a note to your checkin here, by clicking the speech bubble at the upper right-hand corner of the feat stamp:
- The Habits feature makes it easier than ever to start and keep new habits. You can choose to try to make something a habit and when you do, that feat will be featured right in your dock so you can check it in as soon as you log into the site… and you’ll probably be more mindful of it as you go about your day, too.
- Go to any feat’s page to see stats about your history of checking in that feat: the momentum you’ve built, the total number of times you’ve checked it in, and when the last time was.
- To help you make that feat a habit, you can try to think of something you already do every day (like brushing your teeth, or driving to work) and connect that existing habit with the one you want to start. Click on “Edit My Habit” right below the feat stamp for one of your habited feats to do this.
- Below, see an example of how I do my !cook habit, which you can use to formulate your own habit statement:
- Click ‘Home’ in the middle bar to see feats, challenges, lists, and new ideas from the DailyFeats team. It’s a simpler way to discover what’s new and good at DailyFeats. Check back to this main page often to see the freshest lists, challenges, and new feats - all in one place.
- Any time you find a list or challenge you like, just click “save list to dock” or “join challenge” and you’ll be able to get to it with one click. Easy!
- That’s right - you can save challenges and lists (including groups of feats from the catalog) to your dock! Just click “Bonus Challenges” in the main page to see which ones are going on right now.
- When you Wishlist a reward, it will be saved to your Rewards dock, which you can see by clicking “Rewards” at the top of any page.
Thanks for reading. What do you think? Please feel free to reach out to me, Sara, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear your feedback and help you if you’ve got any questions. And why don’t you go check in !trysomethingnew while you’re at it? :)