How to make DailyFeats even more your own… starting this week!
An all-you-can-feat menu on the left side of your screen:
- Why? - The way you navigate DailyFeats should be quick, clean, and intuitive. We think this menu captures that pretty splendidly.
- How? - The menu gives you a way to browse feats by how you relate to them. In one click, you can see your goals — feats you’re really focusing on to make into habits. Or you can find the feats you do most often, as well as new feats and suggestions like quick lists by the our team and challenges from our partners.
Keep working on your goals:
- Why? - Lots of people smarter than us have found that you can only effectively focus on building a few habits at once. That’s why “My Goals” screen looks best when the list is shorter, encouraging you to really keep these few feats top of mind.
- How? - On any feat tablet, select “set this as a goal” to move a feat into the “My Goals” screen, where you’ll be able to track your momentum, progress, and stats about that feat instantly, every time you log in. Also, click “# Props” on the lefthand menu for a quick look at what you’ve checked in recently, if you want to get an idea of what you’ve done and haven’t done today.
Check in the feats you already do:
- Why? - Because we give you points for it! And many of you have told us how good it feels to go in at the end of your day and see those bright green check marks, showing all the feats you’ve accomplished. Positive reinforcement FTW!
- How? - Select “Yes, I do this!” on a feat tablet when you hover over it in order to move it into the “My Regular Feats” screen. This way, you’ll be able to check that feat in going straight to the “My Regular Feats” screen, where all your usual feats can be saved.
- Note for existing members: This is also where DailyFeats will migrate up to 50 of your custom-listed feats.
Find new feats to do:
- Why? - We have almost 500 feats on DailyFeats… might as well get exploring and see what other positive actions you could add to your daily life.
- How? - Choose from one of the feat categories in the lefthand menu. You’ll also see Suggestions show up in the form of short lists at the top of these pages as you browse from category to category. Those are just easy ideas curated by our team of ways to actually do the feats you’re exploring. You’ll also find challenges for extra points there.
- Note for existing members: We’ve had to move over to a new challenge structure and in the interest of our system running as clean and fresh as possible with this new release, we’ve had to close out all old challenges. So - congratulations! You’ve now won all of your challenges, and your account has been credited with points for the challenges you were enrolled in. Please feel free to re-enroll in any of them if you want to finish checking in the feats.
Hide the stuff you don’t need to see:
- Why? - We’ve added an exciting way for you to customize your DailyFeats experience even more: you can now hide the feats you don’t do, or simply can’t! For instance, I’m not yet a parent. For now, I don’t need to check in !babycare, !babynutrition, !stroller, or !pottytrain. So, I’ve hidden those feats, and won’t see them on DF anymore. This makes room in my browsing experience for other feats I don’t yet do often, but may want to.
- How? - Simply click “hide this” on any feat you don’t want to see anymore, and “view hidden” to make those hidden feats show up, just in case you’d like to do one of them after all.
Take it offline:
- By popular demand: we’ve created an online store with feat stamps (in the form of stickers and stamps) and DF t-shirts for you! Some of you have seen our fun feat stickers, and we’re happy to make them available for all.
As always, let us know what you think by shooting a note over to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to answer any of your questions and bring your feedback to our product team.
Welcome back to DailyFeats - let’s explore!
This post will explain what’s changed and how to keep checking in your feats!
By the way - don’t panic! Your badges and friends list will be back soon. We’re rebuilding the way those things work from the ground up so they’re even better! Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- Your lists and challenges are still here. They’ve been imported into your top dock, which sticks with you no matter where you go on the site!
- From your dock, you can click on a feat to check in - fast and easy, with just one click. If you’ve saved a list or a challenge there, just click on it to see the feats and check them in from that screen.
- Check in by hovering over a feat and clicking the circle that reads “Check in”. A checkmark will show you that you’ve been successful.
- When you’re on a feat page, you’ll be able to learn how and why to do a feat, see how many times you checked it in this week, your personal best for that feat, when you last checked it in, and you’ll be able to choose to make it a habit.
- Also on this page, read tips for those feats that you have from lists or challenges.
- To add feats to your “Favorites” list, which will always show up in your Explore dock, just click that little “favorite feat” star on a feat’s page.
- You can also add a note to your checkin here, by clicking the speech bubble at the upper right-hand corner of the feat stamp:
- The Habits feature makes it easier than ever to start and keep new habits. You can choose to try to make something a habit and when you do, that feat will be featured right in your dock so you can check it in as soon as you log into the site… and you’ll probably be more mindful of it as you go about your day, too.
- Go to any feat’s page to see stats about your history of checking in that feat: the momentum you’ve built, the total number of times you’ve checked it in, and when the last time was.
- To help you make that feat a habit, you can try to think of something you already do every day (like brushing your teeth, or driving to work) and connect that existing habit with the one you want to start. Click on “Edit My Habit” right below the feat stamp for one of your habited feats to do this.
- Below, see an example of how I do my !cook habit, which you can use to formulate your own habit statement:
- Click ‘Home’ in the middle bar to see feats, challenges, lists, and new ideas from the DailyFeats team. It’s a simpler way to discover what’s new and good at DailyFeats. Check back to this main page often to see the freshest lists, challenges, and new feats - all in one place.
- Any time you find a list or challenge you like, just click “save list to dock” or “join challenge” and you’ll be able to get to it with one click. Easy!
- That’s right - you can save challenges and lists (including groups of feats from the catalog) to your dock! Just click “Bonus Challenges” in the main page to see which ones are going on right now.
- When you Wishlist a reward, it will be saved to your Rewards dock, which you can see by clicking “Rewards” at the top of any page.
Thanks for reading. What do you think? Please feel free to reach out to me, Sara, at email@example.com. I’d love to hear your feedback and help you if you’ve got any questions. And why don’t you go check in !trysomethingnew while you’re at it? :)
Walking you through the new DailyFeats
By Sara Hopson
Welcome to your new DailyFeats!
Goals are the new way of organizing feats. They can take the form of a to-do list, bucket list, or just focus around a certain area of your life. You’re able to use others’ goals as a template for your own, and edit them accordingly, or create a new goal completely customized to your liking. Goals are organized around eight topic areas: Home, Work, Health, Money, Learning, Family, Balance, and Community.
Click above to see Meghan’s running goal and make it your own if you’d like.
Decide how often you’d like to do each feat with the goal (ex. Once a week, A few times a month, Twice this summer). Also, choose to set up reminders to do certain actions at specific times or on specific days. Very soon, our iPhone app will even let you tag locations, like your house, workplace, gym, or grocery store, so that when you’re in those places, the app will automatically remind you to do whatever feat(s) you’ve tagged at that location.
Your new Home screen will now consist of 1) Your goals, 2) Your conversations, 3) People - which includes separate feeds for check-ins of people you follow, check-ins by everyone, epic check-ins, and your own check-ins.
When you click Browse, you’ll be able to see goals by other members, the feat catalog, and lists of “Top Members” such as Most Active, Most Helpful, and Members Like You.
The Rewards screen now allows you to choose either premium rewards or donations. You’ll be able to reserve rewards for future redemptions by browsing the catalog and adding the ones you’d like to your Wishlist. In the case of those rewards only, you’ll receive an e-mail 24 hours in advance of the rewards becoming available; otherwise, you’ll get an e-mail the day they become available. And same as now, donation rewards will be instantly redeemable at all times when you have enough points to do so.
Please feel free to e-mail Sara@dailyfeats.com or Help@dailyfeats.com with any questions or concerns about the new site. We value your feedback and want your DailyFeats experience to be as motivating, inspirational, and supportive as possible. Enjoy and go do good!