How to make DailyFeats even more your own… starting this week!
An all-you-can-feat menu on the left side of your screen:
- Why? - The way you navigate DailyFeats should be quick, clean, and intuitive. We think this menu captures that pretty splendidly.
- How? - The menu gives you a way to browse feats by how you relate to them. In one click, you can see your goals — feats you’re really focusing on to make into habits. Or you can find the feats you do most often, as well as new feats and suggestions like quick lists by the our team and challenges from our partners.
Keep working on your goals:
- Why? - Lots of people smarter than us have found that you can only effectively focus on building a few habits at once. That’s why “My Goals” screen looks best when the list is shorter, encouraging you to really keep these few feats top of mind.
- How? - On any feat tablet, select “set this as a goal” to move a feat into the “My Goals” screen, where you’ll be able to track your momentum, progress, and stats about that feat instantly, every time you log in. Also, click “# Props” on the lefthand menu for a quick look at what you’ve checked in recently, if you want to get an idea of what you’ve done and haven’t done today.
Check in the feats you already do:
- Why? - Because we give you points for it! And many of you have told us how good it feels to go in at the end of your day and see those bright green check marks, showing all the feats you’ve accomplished. Positive reinforcement FTW!
- How? - Select “Yes, I do this!” on a feat tablet when you hover over it in order to move it into the “My Regular Feats” screen. This way, you’ll be able to check that feat in going straight to the “My Regular Feats” screen, where all your usual feats can be saved.
- Note for existing members: This is also where DailyFeats will migrate up to 50 of your custom-listed feats.
Find new feats to do:
- Why? - We have almost 500 feats on DailyFeats… might as well get exploring and see what other positive actions you could add to your daily life.
- How? - Choose from one of the feat categories in the lefthand menu. You’ll also see Suggestions show up in the form of short lists at the top of these pages as you browse from category to category. Those are just easy ideas curated by our team of ways to actually do the feats you’re exploring. You’ll also find challenges for extra points there.
- Note for existing members: We’ve had to move over to a new challenge structure and in the interest of our system running as clean and fresh as possible with this new release, we’ve had to close out all old challenges. So - congratulations! You’ve now won all of your challenges, and your account has been credited with points for the challenges you were enrolled in. Please feel free to re-enroll in any of them if you want to finish checking in the feats.
Hide the stuff you don’t need to see:
- Why? - We’ve added an exciting way for you to customize your DailyFeats experience even more: you can now hide the feats you don’t do, or simply can’t! For instance, I’m not yet a parent. For now, I don’t need to check in !babycare, !babynutrition, !stroller, or !pottytrain. So, I’ve hidden those feats, and won’t see them on DF anymore. This makes room in my browsing experience for other feats I don’t yet do often, but may want to.
- How? - Simply click “hide this” on any feat you don’t want to see anymore, and “view hidden” to make those hidden feats show up, just in case you’d like to do one of them after all.
Take it offline:
- By popular demand: we’ve created an online store with feat stamps (in the form of stickers and stamps) and DF t-shirts for you! Some of you have seen our fun feat stickers, and we’re happy to make them available for all.
As always, let us know what you think by shooting a note over to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to answer any of your questions and bring your feedback to our product team.