In Case You’ve Missed It: The Week of February 6, 2012
From sexual health, mental wellness, relationships, and everything in between, these are some of the news highlights that have happened this week:
President Obama punks the GOP on contraception, creating a compromise that addresses their concerns about religious institutions how having a say in the birth control debate, but without actually reducing women’s access to contraception. Kudos.
And does it seem like the discussion of birth control on cable news is dominated by men? You’re not imagining it - check out this graphic by Think Progress.
..and here’s a question for GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul: Sir, what the hell is “honest rape”?
Good news: Teen pregnancy rates in the United States are the lowest that it’s been in over 40 years.
Not good news: While teen pregnancy is down in the US as a whole, the rates for Black and Latino youth are 2-3 times higher compared to whites.
Florida: A man is sentenced to taking his wife out on a date to Red Lobster and bowling after being charged for domestic battery.
Did you watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday? Did you noticed some of the sexist ads that popped up during the commercial breaks? Here’s how some Twitter users responded to the sexist ads.
After a month of intense protests and advocacy, the makers of LEGO are meeting with SPARK to discuss how they can go back to offering all LEGO toys that challenge boy AND girls creatively and intellectually.
Here’s a beautiful insight on how we should love our daughters from the inside out.
Meet Adora Svitak, the winner of Women’s Media Center’s Girls State of the Union Address contest.
34 Notes/ Hide
- dailyfeats reblogged this from nicole-clark
- chillyditty reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- wolfmaiden likes this
- meens reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation and added:
- gogopolice reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- nuderefsarebest reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- blahhahahahaharg likes this
- fuckyeahsexeducation reblogged this from bebinn
- bouquet-of-drugs likes this
- aprilseye likes this
- bebinn reblogged this from nicole-clark
- nicole-clark posted this